Welcome or welcome back to FRSF! As a teacher, you are one of the heroes of Science Fairs. Whether you personally mentor a student’s FRSF project, direct a local school science fair or sign forms for work done elsewhere, you are a critical player in this creative piece of science education. FRSF recognizes outstanding teacher support of students through Teacher of the Year awards. Teacher of Year articles are in the Press Room.
The FRSF can provide resources to teachers to encourage student participation and success.
Teachers are also encouraged to help as judges at the Fair. Check out our Judges Area for more information on this fun opportunity.
Thanks for your input
Useful in the classroom or general viewing.
Rules and Procedures Vary by Division
Elementary Division and Junior Division projects follow simpler rules than Senior Division projects. We have compiled separate instructions for each division and also for Group Projects. They are in addition to the two Rules items below that are for all students.
- FRSF Special Rules & Guidelines - For ALL Students
- FRSF Rules & Regulations - For ALL Students
- Elementary Division (grades 4-5) Instructions & Forms
- Junior Division (grades 6-8) Instructions & Forms
- Senior Division (grades 9-12) Instructions & Forms
There is a new "Rules Wizard" which must be used by all Senior Division students.
- Group Project Instructions--All Grades
The ISEF wizard is helpful to ALL students whose project involves human subjects, vertebrates or potentially hazardous biological agents (cultured microorganisms, R-DNA, fresh tissue, blood or body fluids, parasites). The Wizard will guide the student to determine all the pre-approvals, approvals, reviews, and forms needed for his/her specific type of project. Send your students there before they begin their research!
We have written a guide for successful registration, "How to Register," and included important information for students on Rules and Forms. (We highly recommend the ISEF website for guidance on Rules and Projects, especially for Senior and Junior Division). The ISEF Rules Wizard http://apps.societyforscience.org/isef/students/wizard/index.asp is a neat way to identify special rules and forms that apply to unique project situations.
Features specifically to help teachers
- FRSF PowerPoint presentation titled "Science, The Spark of Invention" designed for use by teachers or anyone interested in participating in our fair.
- There is no registration fee, however a late fee of applies for individual registrations submitted after March 7.
Help your kids—help yourself---help FRSF
- Volunteer to be a Judge: Serving as a judge can be fun as well as professionally rewarding.
When all else fails?